Bio-Clean vs Mega Microbes vs MM liquid:how to choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Emmie

Reaction score
Hello all!
It's been quite some time since I've posted here. I own a small house built in 1928 (or maybe a bit earlier, it's hard to say!) We have a washing machine in the basement, a half bath and kitchen with DW/disposal on the 1st floor, and a full bath on the 2nd. Only 2 humans, but 3 long haired cats. Drains get neglected and cloggy.

I've used Bio-Clean powder in my home on several occasions, always with very helpful results. We are doing a starting 5 day round right now due to a disposal clog and slow bath/shower drain. I'm at the bottom of the canister, so I ordered another. But in doing so, I started to wonder if Mega Microbes would be better? The formula sounds more powerful, and the liquid is tempting due to convenience. But I read the description and think Mega Microbes in any form is more for large kitchen grease issues, while we have old pipes and hair/fur issues, with grease being the least worry. And Bio-Clean mentions using it in litter boxes; Mega Microbes doesn't, and I know I couldn't use the liquid on them.

So, if anyone can tell me how to choose between the formulas, I'd be very grateful. I plan to finish this cycle with Bio-Clean, but I'd like to have this info for the future, and to pass on to others when they ask! Is there any circumstance or issue that points towards using one over the other?

Thanks much in advance,
Emmie

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks