Bio-Clean, Bacteria Waste Eliminator, Bioclean

Discussion in 'Drain Cleaning' started by Terry, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Sdunn

Sdunn New Member

Hairyhosebib. If your looking for a product that removes uric build up in urinals. Cantol's Aci-tech works extremely well, if you need a non acid product they also offer NonCorr.

ACI-TECH is a multipurpose acid cleaner containing a blend of powerful acids combined with a solvent, penetrant and inhibitor to cover a wide variety of applications. ACI-TECH efficiently and economically removes rust, scale, hard water deposits, uric acid deposits, concrete, oily film, stains and discolorations from brick, stone, concrete, most metal, ceramic and quarry tiles, terrazo and china-like (urinals and toilets) surfaces.

Noncorr APPLICATIONS
    Processing Plants: tile floors, walls, grouting, and stainless steel equipment.
    Kitchens: floors, walls, grouting, stainless steel equipment, food preparation surfaces, steam tables, fish tanks, coffee makers, blenders, and other
    appliances.
    Housekeeping: bathrooms to clean toilets, urinals, tile floors, walls, sinks faucets, tubs and showers.
    Brewery: tile floors, walls, and grouting, stainless steel tanks, equipment, pipes and valves.
    Engineering: to remove hard water scale from heating, air conditioning equipment, and humidifiers
    General Maintenance: cement sidewalks, terrazzo floors, patios, and around swimming pools.
    Rust Removal: metal surfaces, concrete, toilets, urinals

There number is 1-800-387-9773

Hope that helps thanks Shawn
  3. erica8684

erica8684 New Member

i have a question about bio- clean. what anti bacterial agents can't you use down the drain? do you mean ever again? i'm not sure if if i have to switch soaps/face wash? right now i use safeguard bar soap for hand washing and a foaming face wash for washing my face. i have been putting a tablespoon of bleach down the drain once a week to help dissolve soap scum build up but it doesn't do anything. white soap scum still gets on the sides of my pipes, however i notice that it's mainly just down the first 2-3 feet of pipe in my bathroom sink. (the straight part of the pvc pipe) once you get to the p-trap under the sink, there isn't anymore soap scum build up (or very little). does anyone know why i only get build up on the firs tstraight 2-3 feet of my pipe?? we took apart the pipe and the p- trap last week and cleaned it all out, now just 1 week later there is white soap scum build up again. the water is going down fine now, but in 2-3 weeks it will start to run slow again.

please help! i've been dealing with this problem for YEARS! will bio-clean cause a clog initially? i thought maybe since my drain is running fine now, it won't cause a clog?? do i have to use it for 5 days in a row initially or can i just use it once initially and then once a month thereafter?

sorry i'm so long winded!!

MUCH THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  4. Terry

Bleach would kill the bacteria in Bio-Clean. Pretty short lived though. The next dose of Bio-Clean would replace the cleaning action again.
    You have to use soaps, so no worries there. Bio-Clean does a nice job on the pipes.
    The farther you go from the lav drain, the more likely that the pipes are increasing in size. If you are near a toilet, you don't have far to go before it hits that 3" line.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. erica8684

erica8684 New Member

thanks! the toilet is only about 2 feet away from the sink. when i use bio-clean, since all i have right now is soap scum buildup on the sides of the pipes and no clog, could i just use the bio-clean once and let it sit for say 4-6 hours?

after that, would i use it once a month then?

also, if i use 2 tablespoons instead of just one tablespoon would it work faster/better then?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  6. Terry

One scoop is fine with warm water.
    Monthy should work after that. We like to clean out the tailpiece first to make sure that is clear. (the drain on the lav)
  7. erica8684

erica8684 New Member

i'm sorry could you explain what the tailpiece is? is it the begining of the straight part pvc pipe that is connected to the p trap under the sink? that part right now has white soap scum build up on it, the p-trap doesn't have anything.
  8. cherryrosh

cherryrosh New Member

Bio Clean is a multipurpose cleaner that not only clean the surface but walls and hobs as well.
  9. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Yes........