Bio-Clean, Bacteria Waste Eliminator, Bioclean

Users who are viewing this thread

Sdunn

Reaction score
Hairyhosebib. If your looking for a product that removes uric build up in urinals. Cantol's Aci-tech works extremely well, if you need a non acid product they also offer NonCorr.

ACI-TECH is a multipurpose acid cleaner containing a blend of powerful acids combined with a solvent, penetrant and inhibitor to cover a wide variety of applications. ACI-TECH efficiently and economically removes rust, scale, hard water deposits, uric acid deposits, concrete, oily film, stains and discolorations from brick, stone, concrete, most metal, ceramic and quarry tiles, terrazo and china-like (urinals and toilets) surfaces.

Noncorr APPLICATIONS
Processing Plants: tile floors, walls, grouting, and stainless steel equipment.
Kitchens: floors, walls, grouting, stainless steel equipment, food preparation surfaces, steam tables, fish tanks, coffee makers, blenders, and other
appliances.
Housekeeping: bathrooms to clean toilets, urinals, tile floors, walls, sinks faucets, tubs and showers.
Brewery: tile floors, walls, and grouting, stainless steel tanks, equipment, pipes and valves.
Engineering: to remove hard water scale from heating, air conditioning equipment, and humidifiers
General Maintenance: cement sidewalks, terrazzo floors, patios, and around swimming pools.
Rust Removal: metal surfaces, concrete, toilets, urinals

There number is 1-800-387-9773

Hope that helps thanks Shawn

erica8684

Reaction score
i have a question about bio- clean. what anti bacterial agents can't you use down the drain? do you mean ever again? i'm not sure if if i have to switch soaps/face wash? right now i use safeguard bar soap for hand washing and a foaming face wash for washing my face. i have been putting a tablespoon of bleach down the drain once a week to help dissolve soap scum build up but it doesn't do anything. white soap scum still gets on the sides of my pipes, however i notice that it's mainly just down the first 2-3 feet of pipe in my bathroom sink. (the straight part of the pvc pipe) once you get to the p-trap under the sink, there isn't anymore soap scum build up (or very little). does anyone know why i only get build up on the firs tstraight 2-3 feet of my pipe?? we took apart the pipe and the p- trap last week and cleaned it all out, now just 1 week later there is white soap scum build up again. the water is going down fine now, but in 2-3 weeks it will start to run slow again.

please help! i've been dealing with this problem for YEARS! will bio-clean cause a clog initially? i thought maybe since my drain is running fine now, it won't cause a clog?? do i have to use it for 5 days in a row initially or can i just use it once initially and then once a month thereafter?

sorry i'm so long winded!!

MUCH THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Bleach would kill the bacteria in Bio-Clean. Pretty short lived though. The next dose of Bio-Clean would replace the cleaning action again.
You have to use soaps, so no worries there. Bio-Clean does a nice job on the pipes.
The farther you go from the lav drain, the more likely that the pipes are increasing in size. If you are near a toilet, you don't have far to go before it hits that 3" line.

Last edited:

erica8684

Reaction score
thanks! the toilet is only about 2 feet away from the sink. when i use bio-clean, since all i have right now is soap scum buildup on the sides of the pipes and no clog, could i just use the bio-clean once and let it sit for say 4-6 hours?

after that, would i use it once a month then?

also, if i use 2 tablespoons instead of just one tablespoon would it work faster/better then?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One scoop is fine with warm water.
Monthy should work after that. We like to clean out the tailpiece first to make sure that is clear. (the drain on the lav)

erica8684

Reaction score
i'm sorry could you explain what the tailpiece is? is it the begining of the straight part pvc pipe that is connected to the p trap under the sink? that part right now has white soap scum build up on it, the p-trap doesn't have anything.

Fixit Wannabee

Reaction score
I know Bio-Clean doesn't provide instant results, and I'm prepared to be patient but... I've been dosing my slow bathtub drain daily (or almost daily) for almost a year, and so far the drain shows no improvement at all. It just gets slower and slower. The pipes are old and mostly cast-iron; the tub drain trap is too deep for a zip-it or similar, and my snake won't go around the tight bends. The cleanouts are impossible to remove. Other drains in the house seem OK. Water backs up into the tub very soon after turning on the taps, so I conclude that the problem is close to the tub, not further down the main drain somewhere. We ALWAYS use a hair trap, but it's inevitable that some gets through, along with shampoo and soap, of course. The drain has been problematic for years, so I'm not surprised if the resolution takes time too.

But my question is: how long is it reasonable to continue with Bio-Clean before expecting results? My son thinks it's bogus "snake oil" - why would plumbers sell a product that would take away their business ? I can only pick up jars of Bio-Clean three or four times a year when I visit my daughter in another city (6 hours away) and it's not available online here in Canada. I've read great reviews and want to believe in it, but am I wasting my time and money?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes with tubs, the block is within the shoe itself. Often hair catches on the cross bars. Last week I found some clear plastic laying there that I picked up and tossed. Does your tub have a trip lever at the top? I remove those plates and pull up the linkage, check that for hair and snake it from the top overflow opening.
If you can't snake the drain, or get access to replace the piping, you may not have many other options.
The Bio-Clean does work though.

Fixit Wannabee

Reaction score
Sometimes with tubs, the block is within the shoe itself. Often hair catches on the cross bars. Last week I found some clear plastic laying there that I picked up and tossed. Does your tub have a trip lever at the top? I remove those plates and pull up the linkage, check that for hair and snake it from the top overflow opening.
If you can't snake the drain, or get access to replace the piping, you may not have many other options.
The Bio-Clean does work though.

No fancy linkages - old fashioned rubber plug. I replaced the shoe gasket and drain flange a few months ago, so I know it's all clear there. I got into the tub with my rubber boots today and plunged like heck. A surprising amount of very smelly gray silt came up - like fine sand. After the tub drained (slowly), I mopped up the residual silt in the tub with paper towels, ran clean water into the tub, plunged etc. twice more. No magic "hooray!" -- the water might drain slightly faster now, but it's still pretty darn slow. I suppose that's progress of sorts, though.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think I would try inserting a BrassCraft Small Drain Bladder into the overflow, and standing on the stopper while you turn the hose o

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks