Bio Based Cleaners

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Just started looking at Bio-Clean , etc.

If my goal is not for the trap or the standpipe attached to it, but just overall cleaning of the primary drains downstream, would you say

Mix the Bio Clean and pour about a 1/2 gallon of water so the product makes it way PAST the P trap and let it hang out overnight.

Or for you pros/joes that are familiar, is it okay to use at it's recommended rate and it will just leech and work it's way downstream itself overnight regardless ?

bio-clean.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
When I do my kitchen sink, I really want to make sure the long horizontal stretches downstream get a dose of Bio-Clean so I put at least 2 quarts down both sides of the sink (including the disposer, while it's running, to make sure the Bio-Clean gets into the grinding mechanism).

Don't know if it works to put extra down the drain but makes sense to me.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
BIO-CLEAN should be mixed with warm (not hot) water and applied when no water will be drained for six to eight hours. This allows some of the bacteria time to embed themselves into the waste so they won't be washed out when water is drained again. Complete instructions are inside each container.

bio-clean.jpg

I just mix with warm water and dump down the sinks at night before going to bed.
It multiplies in the waste system on it's own eating grease and goo. Anytime I notice the kitchen drains slowing down, I hit them with Bio-Clean and in a day or so they're running smooth again.
I have a cat, and it's a must in the litter box for odor control.

bio-clean-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited:

Chefwong

Reaction score
OT, but how many of ya'll make it a point to *rinse* your drains if you think you don't want something sitting in it and want it flushed out...

We don't use disposers, and if it's something like skimming fat off making stock, I let that stuff cool off in a bowl and then I put the fat in the trash.

Anyhow, I do throw our kitchen exhaust hood vent grills in our DW. In todays eco consious world, the run times on my Miele will be 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 hrs to run. If I happen to do a load after dinner, I have to make it a point to come back to the kitchen sink past 12-1AM to run a load of hot water down the pipes just to make sure it's flushed out the house pipes and into the street.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks