big issue or not

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I am adding zones and found there are lots of rust on one of the connections with air scoop. The system is 5 yrs old.

This is the connection issue or the air scoop issue?

I didn't see any wet. I may happened years ago?

What I should do? leave it as is? reconnect it? replace the air scoop?

I am now working on that area. It will be a good opportunity to do something on it if it is necessary.

Please have a look at the pictures.

thanks

edit:

Why my pictures are always upside down? The original pictures are not on my machine

Attachments

• IMG_20141009_094232.jpg
    IMG_20141009_094232.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20141009_094528.jpg
    IMG_20141009_094528.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 163

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Part of the problem is that copper and cast iron have different coefficients of expansion. When they separate a little, a little bit of moisture can seep out causing the corrosion, but it is nothing to worry about unless you do see moisture, which is not likely to happen.

lmei007

Reaction score
Part of the problem is that copper and cast iron have different coefficients of expansion. When they separate a little, a little bit of moisture can seep out causing the corrosion, but it is nothing to worry about unless you do see moisture, which is not likely to happen.

hi HJ,

How about put a union between the new added two zones and the existing zone in case it gets worse? Please refer to this thread to see what I mean the new two zones. I am adding two new zones to the right of the existing zone after the air scoop.

With the union, only one zone will be affected if I have to reconnect or replace the air scoop. But i am also worrying about if the union is good or not for place like this.

Thanks,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks