Big blue pre and post filter ?

Users who are viewing this thread

DuckyDucky

Reaction score
What is your opinion on BB blue pre and post filters in my situation.

City Water / Chloramines
Two 10x52 tanks with Calgon Carbon connected together, ( both have 5600 SXT Valves )

Should I consider adding pre and post Big Blues ?

Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
I think post only, although pre would give more info about the water from the city. I would think that the carbon should be able to face the city water fine. I would add a boiler drain valve after the tanks as way to draw that water before the softener and as a place to potentially screw on a pressure valve.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If your system uses higher end bottom screens then no need for BB pre or post. If your system was built by one of the companies pushing the limits of how cheap they can build a unit by using garbage internal components, the a post filter is a good idea since a failed bottom screen is common when garbage screens are used. Be sure to add a 3 valve bypass so when the inevitable leak occurs, you can bypass the filter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks