Big ah oh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Alchemist

Reaction score
I did something stupid. I shoved a couple of red shop rags, the small hand size ones, little bigger than a wash rag, in the entrance (not far) of my toilet flange, to keep sewer gas to a minimum. Unfortunately, it looks like the rags slipped down the pipe. It goes sideways as far as my arm can reach (maybe 4 inches on the horizontal.

How can I fish those two rags out? This is damn embarassing!! Vacuum cleaner hose? But afraid I'll shove them further.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
coat hanger with a small ball of duct tape on it....be careful...it may have already gone down the T depending on how far it is from the 90...

You can use a small mirror and a flashlight to look past the 90 to see where it is..

Alchemist

Reaction score
This is worse than I thought. (I had thought the plumber might have grabbed them when he was over here on Thursday morning). What I thought was a vent pipe that came sideways right under my closet flange is actually a water tie in from my master bathroom shower. So those rags, two red ones, did get washed down. Pretty sure I need to employ a plumber for this job. Those rags are likely washed way down the line.

Everyone agreed (and agree that I displayed stupidity with those rags!)?

Alchemist

Reaction score
everything's A-OK. Plumber came out with one of those camera gadgets, 200 foot version. We verified nothing was there. He suspected either a turd or the rags right before the drop from my second floor. I flushed the other second floor toilet and the thing washed on down. We're now certain (he ran camera out nearly to street) that the rags are out in sewer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks