Bifold Closet Door

Users who are viewing this thread

Rburt5

Reaction score
I am installing a bifold closet door made by Ledco. No hardware came with it. I put up the track and had got the top and bottom pivots in place, but I'm having trouble getting the lead guide wheel to slip into the track. Do I have the wrong hardware? I have noticed that some bifold doors use a lead guide wheel, while others have more of a metal dowel rod. How do I know which one I need? I have included a photo of the track.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,239

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Usually there would be a diagram with your kit. It should have all the hardware with it, and should have either a top wheel, or a spring loaded pin which goes into a carrier in the track.

Rburt5

Reaction score
No directions came with the doors. They were given to me by a relative. What is the piece that slides back and forth on the track? It has a phillips head screw in it. Do I take the screw out and put the pin in it? Sorry if my questions make me sound clueless, but on this project I am.

Rmodeler

Reaction score
The picture you posted is Johnson hardware. The hole with the screw is the pivot/adjustment. The other with the rubber/screw is the bumper that goes at the other end. You should have 3 pins that go into the bifold unit. One should have a screw adjustment on it, that goes in the bottom of the door for the bottom pivot. You should have to pins that are spring loaded with a plastic disk on it that goes into the pivot and track-use one for the top pivot and the other goes into the leading door at the top. Withe the door closed, the leading door pin should be against the rubber snubber, it should be adjusted so the door sort of snaps into place in a straight line. You should also have an L type bracket that is fastened at the bottom of the jamb for the bottom pivot. It should have a screw with a plastic insert in it. The screw adjustment pin fits into it. You can adjust the door for clearance by sliding the top and/or bottom pivot holders. The screw pivot will raise the door unit up or down.

Rburt5

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help. It makes sense now. I do have one more question. You said that I need two pins on top - one for the pivot and one for the leading door at the top. Do I need two of the same pin, or is the pivot pin smaller than the pin for the lead door? The one I bought for the track is 7/8", while the one for the pivot is only about 1/2".

Rmodeler

Reaction score
When bought as a Johnson hardware kit the 2 spring loaded pins are the same- ½" sounds right,never measured one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks