Better Shower flow from tub spout?

Users who are viewing this thread

David parisi

Reaction score
I am installing a Koehler 304 k rite temp valve with a 728 master shower 3 way to run two fixtures in a new bathroom. No tub, just showers.

It looks like the rite temp valve allows a higher flow rate through the threaded tub nipple. If this is true can I cap the top shower nipple and route my showers from the larger tub spout nipple?

Thanks

Rick Ross

Reaction score
The tub spout location does give higher flow. Go ahead and cap the shower outlet and use the tub outlet.

Can an existing valve be reworked in place to use the tub port for the shower and cap the shower port?

We have no access from behind, and ideally we'd like to avoid tearing out the front to rework it, so hopefully it would be possible to do this switch through the 4-to-5 inch hole that is already present in the tile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks