Betta Flo and 1 1/4" poly???

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by MATTHEW1, Jan 24, 2010.

1. MATTHEW1

MATTHEW1 New Member

Hi my name is Matthew...I'm installing a new 1.5 H. 15gpm at 110' and was going to use 1 1/4" poly to keep pressure loss down. Does this cause any problems besides the extra cost? My well is also sleeved with 4 " pvc pipe and do I do anything different to install?

I"m very excited to install a CSV1Z and smaller pressure tank. What size would you folks think would be a minimum size?
    Thank you for your help...Matthew
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with 1.25" poly, and with the CSV, you can use as small as a 4.4 gallon size tank.
  3. MATTHEW1

MATTHEW1 New Member

So the CSV1Z will let 2 gpm back to the tank correct? So a bigger tank will let the pump run longer?
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

The 1Z will fill the tank at 1 GPM. With a larger tank you would just set the valve at 58 PSI with a 40/60 pressure switch, so it doesn't take to long to fill the tank.