Best Toto for bowl cleaning and bolt to drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I have 5 toilets in the house. I bought 5 Totos but did not consider mounting conditions. I got some units that I wanted and a couple that the wife wanted. Hers turn out to need drilled holes. I have infloor heat embedded in 2 inches of concrete. The plan was to keep heating tubes away from the toilets. The plan failed. The first contractor provided no pictures or documentation so I really don't know where the tubes are. Trying to figure it out by seeing if I can measure a heat gradient seems risky. Second contractor (main floor) gave me photos, but put tubes where the non-waste pipe mounted holes have to go.

I have one installed but not fastened which will have to be replaced. I am going to need at least one more unit that can mount to the waste pipe. I will move an installed Drake to another room.

My question is what to replace the Drake with? I have issues with the bowel cleaning ability of the Drake so that is a key point. I believe I want elongated, ADA and Sanigloss.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you have in-floor heat, and you are afraid to screw down the adapters, you could caulk them down, barely tighten the back bolts, and rely on caulking to stick the bowl to the floor.
PolySeamSeal will stick it, Silicone would be almost impossible to pull back up.

Anything with CEFIONTECT would be good. The Drake II, CST454CEFG or Ultramax II MS604114CEFG
These don't require the adapters.

loctite-tub-tile.jpg

Last edited:

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Thanks Terry. Just the info I needed. Caulking sure will be easier than the alternatives I have come up with. I just never thought that would be enough.

I am using Fluidmaster wax free gaskets. So even if there is a teeny bit of movement, they should not care.

The floors are not real flat. Should I try to put some mortar under the unit to level it and then use caulk on the outside, or use wedges and all caulk?

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I have some of those very shims sitting here for that very purpose. Thanks. Pictures even!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks