Best Toto Bowl Cleaning Ultramax II CEFIONTECT, UltraMax 1.6, or Promenade w/CEFIONTECT

Users who are viewing this thread

CAPP

Reaction score
I am looking for the best bowl cleaning toilet. From the many forum posts, Toto seems to have the edge. We will replace two toilets in our future retirement home. In our current home we have a Toto Drake (CS?) ST743E (2 years old). We also have the soft close Toto seat. Dried on brown splatters in the bowl are a constant occurrence, and I hate dealing with the constant dirty and embarrassing condition of the toilet.

I am looking for a Universal height (ADA) toilet and am willing to give Toto another chance. There are three models under consideration:
Ultra Max II MS604114CEFG 1.28GPF with CEFIONTECT
Ultra Max MS854114L 1.6GPF
Promenade 1.6GPF CST424SFG with CEFIONTECT (this is the only ADA model with both 1.6GPF and CEFIONTECT)

I like the look of the Ultra Max toilets and the single piece construction the best. If the Ultra Max 1.6GPF came with CEFIONTECT I would choose it.

1. Is the difference with and without CEFIONTECT significant between the two 1.6GPF models?
2. Is the cleaning ability of the Double Cyclone flush on the 1.28GPF model as effective as the Gmax 1.6GPF Ultra Max?
I am wary of a 1.28GPF after our experience with the Eco Drake.
3. I am also considering the American Standard Champion Pro 1.6GPF 211AA.004 with Powerwash rim and Everclean Surface. Is the bowl cleaning power comparable to the Totos? The name says 1.6GPF but the description states 1.28GPF!

Thanks for your help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any bowl since 1992 flushes with less water, and starts with less water in the bowl.

I do prefer the II series with CEFIONTECT for keeping the bowl cleaner. The 743E Eco Drake of 1.28 is a tougher one to keep clean in comparison to the 1.28 with CEFIONTECT and double cyclone rinse.
I have 1.6 CEFIONTECT Ultramax, and that one does fine too. I do wind up using my II series more, as I do like the taller height.

CAPP

Reaction score
Any bowl since 1992 flushes with less water, and starts with less water in the bowl.

I do prefer the II series with CEFIONTECT for keeping the bowl cleaner. The 743E Eco Drake of 1.28 is a tougher one to keep clean in comparison to the 1.28 with CEFIONTECT and double cyclone rinse.
I have 1.6 CEFIONTECT Ultramax, and that one does fine too. I do wind up using my II series more, as I do like the taller height.

So the Ultra Max II 1.28GPF CEFIONTECT and the UltraMax 1.6GPF with CEFIONTECT will have equal bowl cleaning results?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So the Ultra Max II 1.28GPF CEFIONTECT and the UltraMax 1.6GPF with CEFIONTECT will have equal bowl cleaning results?

They seem pretty close to me.
I wish I could say that you will never need a brush, but those 80's days are gone. For the current market, they do seem pretty good.
You will notice the difference over the 743E. For two piece toilets, the 744SG or 454CEFG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks