Best recirculating pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

vancleave

Reaction score
What is the best recirculating pump that would go into a half-bath 40 feet from the water heater, which is one floor below in the basement?

The pump would need to tie into the existing plumbing; no new return line is planned.

Will the pump be quiet enough so that it wouldn't be heard at night in the adjoining bedroom?

Thanks,

D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

First you have to decide which sink is the farthest one from the water heater, and whether all intervening faucets are on the same pipe system. If so, then you next have to see where the pump could plug into the wall. If the subject faucet should be the kitchen sink then you can install the pump, (possibly the Laing AutoCirc), there, since it would be the easiest installation. If that faucet does not have an electrical outlet in the cabinet, then a Grudfos "Comfort" system, (Laing and others also make a similar system), with the bypass valve in the cabinet and the pump at the heater is your next option.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have been using a Laing with a return line for a couple of years and it works very well. The research I did at the time indicated that it would be better way to go with the return line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks