Best pump for hard water also, please review our setup & suggest other possible improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can certainly "spread things out" instead of using a tank tee. Just make sure the pressure switch is very close to the pressure tank.

I also do not understand why you are looking at the 1-50 GPM CSV2W when you say you have a 15 GPM, 3/4HP pump?

Boyblue

Reaction score
You can certainly "spread things out" instead of using a tank tee. Just make sure the pressure switch is very close to the pressure tank.

Let's see I have it:
1. Switch
2. Gauge
3. Relief valve
4. Tank

Would you suggest:
1. Gauge
2. Switch
3. Tank
4. Relief valve

or

1. Switch
2. Tank
3. Gauge
4. Relief valve

I also do not understand why you are looking at the 1-50 GPM CSV2W when you say you have a 15 GPM, 3/4HP pump?

We got crosse up a bit when I asked about the friction loss but the CSV2W is for the application being discussed in my other thread but LLigetfa does raise a point that I hadn't considered, I can put the gauge into one of the side ports on the CSV1A. Would that be ok or should it be close to the switch? Does the CSV1A come without the side ports or should I decide in a desired PSI and go with a CVS125?

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can put the switch, gauge, and relief valve in the extra ports on the CSV1A as long as the CSV is installed prior and very close to the pressure tank.

Boyblue

Reaction score
You can put the switch, gauge, and relief valve in the extra ports on the CSV1A as long as the CSV is installed prior and very close to the pressure tank.

Is within 2 ft (pipe length) close? Or are you talking 6"?

And, if I don't use the ports do you have a preference as to what order they go in? For example can the relief go after the tank?

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Maybe 2'. But I would prefer within 6" of the tee that goes into the tank.

When stringing things out I think it best if everything goes after the pressure tank. (pump, check valve, tee to pressure tank, then switch, gauge, relief, etc.

Reach4

Reaction score
When stringing things out I think it best if everything goes after the pressure tank. (pump, check valve, tee to pressure tank, then switch, gauge, relief, etc.
I suspect you are implying (pump, check valve, long piping, tee to pressure tank, then switch, gauge, relief, etc), making it clear to Blueboy that the only checkvalve would be right at the submersible pump.right?

Boyblue

Reaction score
I suspect you are implying (pump, check valve, long piping, tee to pressure tank, then switch, gauge, relief, etc), making it clear to Blueboy that the only checkvalve would be right at the submersible pump.right?
Ok I had it wrong. I have it now, check valve at well head and then at the pump house or near the tank we have the CSV then the tank and then Switch, gauge & relief. Thanks guys!

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes I believe stainless is the way to go. I instaled a few plastic pumps a few yrs back and have replaced all of them with stainless units. Therefore I won't install a plastic pump.

The best plastic pump I've seen was made for and sold by Morris Industries, we pulled one a few weeks back that lasted 19 yrs. FloTeks & Bruisrs are garbage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks