Best performing bowl cleaning toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

MTBeachGirl

Reaction score
In reading this forum, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has dedicated MANY hours searching for the right toilet. I know I want Comfort Height & elongated. I have been looking at Toto and American Standard. Not too long ago I purchased a Gerber Avalanche which pretty much stopped the clogging situation in the main bath. Now I need one for our new bathroom. I am looking for bowl performance more than anything else! One of the users of the new toilet has an IBS disease. I would like a toilet that won't have to be cleaned every day, if not 2-3 times a day. What might anyone suggest?:confused:
Thank You

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
most of us on this forum are fans of the Toto line. AS are good, but there are problems with their quality control. Lots of defects. Toto has a tremendous line of toilets, so finding one that will suit your needs should not be difficult. Go to the top of this page and follow the links to Terry's review of the Toto line and a description of the various flushing designs.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One of the "II" series toilets with the cyclone flush may work best. There are fewer edges to clean and instead of dropping lots of small jets down the sides of the bowl to clean, it swirls around from two much larger holes. Combine that with the standard super smooth SanaGlos glaze (optional on some models, not available on some at all), and that's about as good as it gets. Now, whether that is good enough? No modern toilet will clean the bowl with 1.28 or 1.6g as well as one of the ancient ones that may have used 8-10gallons, but they do pretty well.

There are some videos showing that flushing system both here on this site, and you can find them on YouTube.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/

Maybe something with CEFIONTECT and a 1.6gpf? And have a bowl brush handy and use after every use? (And anti-bacterial hand wash after putting down the bowl cleaner brush.) Even my Drake 1.6gpf sometimes leaves spots on the upper bowl area but Mr. Sofies are usually cleaned away on subsequent urine flushes.

Last edited:

MTBeachGirl

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I purchased the Toto Drake with Double Cyclone flush and Sanaglos. I put up with two very poor Kohlers for 7 years which was 7 years too long. The Gerber is superior to the Kohlers and I have high expectations for the Toto! I will let you know after we have had it awhile.

PS We would have gotten another Gerber, but they are backordered here in MT and no one can tell me when they will be getting any - so Toto it is.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I purchased the Toto Drake with Double Cyclone flush and Sanaglos. I put up with two very poor Kohlers for 7 years which was 7 years too long. The Gerber is superior to the Kohlers and I have high expectations for the Toto! I will let you know after we have had it awhile.

PS We would have gotten another Gerber, but they are backordered here in MT and no one can tell me when they will be getting any - so Toto it is.

A fine choice. You will like it. But let us know once it's in!

RogerPDX

Reaction score

MTBeachGirl - So what is your conclusion? I too am looking for a new toilet and would love to hear what you
think of the Drake II

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks