Best nail guns? Bosch pulled their line

Users who are viewing this thread

IDoDIY

Reaction score
I need a new set of framing and finishing nail guns, anyone have a favorite brand?
I like Bostitch and Paslode for roofing. I used to like porter-cable air tools but I heard their quality tanked.
I can go with either air (pneumatic again or cartridge) or battery. If I go cordless electric I'll need a good brand because I want to limit the batteries when I need to buy other tools - I hate when I have to buy all new batteries.
My old ones are off-brand crap (Harbor freight) pneumatic, all dead now and I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Bosch is my go-to for most of my tools but they're discontinuing their entire line of nailers. Here's the note from the Bosch people:
Me: We need an 18 gauge cordless nailer, will you beoffering that any time soon? We have the 16 gauge cordless and it's perfect, we just need an 18 as well.
Bosch people: Thank you for writing and for being a loyal Bosch customer. Due to lack of sales we are no longer offering any Bosch nail guns. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Due to lack of sales we are no longer offering

That is the cause of many items being discontinued, and in a way why many of the things people say. "why don't they make.................." are NOT even started.

DougB

Reaction score
I have Paslode 15 ga and 18 ga pneumatic nailers. They seem to work fine. but, I'm just a DIY engineer. They worked well for a complete remodel of a kitchen, foyer, 2 baths, walk-in, and a rec-room.

It's sure nice to have portable - but battery operated - I don't care what kind you get - in the end (5 yrs?) the batteries will need replacement - and then you'll find they are 1/2 the price of buy a new item. The cartridge ones were too pricy for me. If I used one regularly, then convenience would be worth it.

Dgold

Avoid DIYer
Reaction score
I have a couple Porter cable guns that I like, 16ga, 18ga, and narrow crown. They're a couple years old though. I recently bought a Ridgid pin nailer and I love it. I'd take a close look at the Ridgid guns, they seem to have thoughtful designs, without adding lots of unnecessary features.

I don't know about framing guns though - I don't have any.

Chefwong

Reaction score
I like Hitachis for trim and Paslodes on framers but cordless has changed my entire lineup.....

I'm a weekend warrior so the speed, etc of air is a moot point for me.
Bought the Dewalt Cordless Framing Nailer last year. Love it.
Just waiting for their finishing nailer....

Hell, I've gone cordless on sawazalls, portabands and circular saws. These 3 I would never would have imagined I would have gone cordless just because of power delivery

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks