Best laser level

Users who are viewing this thread

Smhowell

Reaction score
What is the best laser level in the under $200 range?

Thanks in advance,
Sharon

snuffysmith1978

Reaction score
the best laser level

I have a robo laser level it is self leveling has a plumb up & down, left & rigth, and stright ahead dots. It is the best tool for most jobs. I got it on **** for 60.00 dollars . The self leveling is much better, you dont have to waste time setting it up. It depends what you are doing really as to what level is best.

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
I bought one of these [h=1]PORTER-CABLE LS3100 Self-Leveling Laser Square[/h]It's pretty handy, self leveling is a must. Just set this on the floor and start measuring. Good to have when working alone etc. I'm sure there's better ones but for a starter it's a good one to see what you need/like in that type of tool.
By the way I think they sell these under the RoboToolz brand name now, but it's the same item.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
laser

There is no one "best". It depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are setting ceiling grids or hanger rods, then a "spinning" laser level is the only one to use. If you are working in a straight line then a fixed one on a tripod becomes the "best" one. Other times a simple hand held one is all you need, unless you are projecting corners and meeting lines.

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
By the way the PC I bought can be mounted on a tripod and rotated. But as HJ points out there are a lot of choices. I do wish I had one that projected a "laser line" (just like a chalk line only it's just light) for a lot things that would be very useful. Mine just shoots a beam then you go off the point at the end or measure or align along the beam.

Smhowell

Reaction score
To answer what I want to do; we are planning a remodel of our house. First we want to 3-D plot the floorplan so we can straighten the floors (leveling the floors will probably be too expensive), then we will be using it to install cabinetry, windows, doors, trim, built-ins and anything else that one does in remodeling, including moving walls, removing walls, installing walls and demolishing the bathrooms down to the studs. Yes, we have a crawlspace.

We probably need one that lays out a line or perpendicular lines, and has a distance of 30' or so. The long measurements of the house are 47' by 31'.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks