Best fitting for connecting to polybutylene plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

JB412

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing portions of polybutylene water lines in my house with Sharkbite PEX tubing. Sharkbite makes two transition pieces for doing this. One is a push-on fitting and the other is a barbed PEX fitting, that uses the crimped rings. I've purchased both of these and trying to decide which one to actually use. I will have access through an access panel to either fitting. Any suggestions or opinions on which of these would be best to use, or is there something better out there?

sharkbite_pb_pex.jpg

The gray side is the polybutylene sizing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveHo

Reaction score
When I re-piped my house, I used sharkbite push fittings to make temporary connections from the PEX to PB. Worked fine, & I did not use the PB specific sharkbites either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks