Best Air Filter For Bathroom Odor

Users who are viewing this thread

JMASTERJ

Reaction score
Hi! If I wanted to stick a filter in the exhaust fan from my bathroom to the outside (lets not go to why LOL) what would be the best filter? I see some cheap carbon ones on but there are many types, including ones that are made for tobacco smoke etc.... I'm no chemist so I dont know which kinda filters would work best for "bathroom" odors. And I assume the filter will have to be replaced like once a month or so?

Here are some of the ones I was looking at, will these do?

Last edited by a moderator:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hi! If I wanted to stick a filter in the exhaust fan from my bathroom to the outside (lets not go to why LOL) what would be the best filter?

You want to filter your farts before releasing them outdoors ? o_O

JMASTERJ

Reaction score

Thanks, yes, I heard recently that activated charcoal filters would be my best bet, maybe something like

which seems similar to the one in your link. I am just not sure how it handles moisture from shower steam etc., but I am assuming the ones you linked were for the bathroom, these would play well with moisture and still function mostly well?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
which seems similar to the one in your link. I am just not sure how it handles moisture from shower steam etc.

Once the humidity gets to 100% it won't work. Just don't fart around in the shower.

I use candles for my 2 holler.

images

I think venting outside is better than messing with expensive filters. I guess that would be venting Dangerous gas, And not legal in some states.

Good Luck.

JMASTERJ

Reaction score
Once the humidity gets to 100% it won't work. Just don't fart around in the shower.

I think venting outside is better than messing with expensive filters. I guess that would be venting Dangerous gas, And not legal in some states.[/QUOTE

I think venting outside is better than messing with expensive filters.

That's a sweet toilet btw LMAO

I assume a full shower session constitutes at least a near 100% humidity in a room? So there is no odor filter that can operate under those conditions repeatedly?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks