Best 95% boiler?

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by ArcticCircle, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ArcticCircle

ArcticCircle New Member

What do you guys think is the best high-efficiency boiler. I am looking at the Weil-McClain Ultra 105, the TriangleTube and the Lochnivar Knight. Any thoughts or ideas on these boilers? Other suggestions? Thanks!!
  2. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

I have installed the 400,000 BTU TriangleTube and it was a nice unit I must say. I would definitely install one again. The other 2 on the other hand I have never laid my hands on :D
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

The Weil is a good unit. More important is what you can get locally if you need parts in the future. I'm a Buderus dealer and really like Buderus boilers but if you can't get replacement parts fast there will be an issue in the future. Go with the best unit that your local supply house sells.
  4. awesomlyleet

awesomlyleet New Member

Triangletube makes a great gas boiler. Iv installed four of em only to be nothing but happy with how they install an service.
  5. Plumbworker

Plumbworker Plumber

6. Ottawa_HVAC_Guy

Ottawa_HVAC_Guy HVAC designer and consultant

I like the Trinity boiler by New York Thermal. It's equivalent to the Munchkin in features and performance, but comes in larger sizes.
  7. Soto

Soto New Member

For what its worth the Triangle Tube has a stainless steel heat exchanger, the Weil-Mclain has aluminum. I chose the TT for that reason...