Bending 3/8" copper tubing with a slight flat spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hdmstng

Reaction score
We relocated our dishwasher during our remodel to the other side of the sink so I'm running new 3/8" copper tubing for the hookup. I'm using the slip on springs to make the bends but still ended up with some what of a flat / flattened spot in one of my 90 degree turns. Would post a picture but really can't capture the flattened spot, but can make it out visually and by running my finger across the bend and feel the slight dip. You can also feel a slight bulge on the edges along the bend where it flared out slightly, and same thing, can't get a picture of it either. There is definitely not a kink, but is a slight flattening okay? Can you expect the bend to be perfectly round?

On a side note, tried one of the tubing benders sold at the Depot and it was terrible for bending the pipe. Maybe it was my technique, but it flattened and kinked the tubing on the inside of the bend radius.

Thanks for the advice,
HD

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks