Bench Top Sink with a Straight Horizontal Discharge Waste Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

RickAus

Reaction score
Hi, I am an architect and am attempting to find a workable solution to the following for a laundry. Please keep in mind this is a project I am doing for myself. The dwelling is an exceptionally small Victorian Terrace House so space is an absolute premium

I have been ‘Googling for Days’ and stumbled upon your thread where I found a question put by one of your members that addresses my problem in part.

It was posted by snapplez on 28th July 2007 (21st July 2009)

(1) The laundry in effect shall be located in a cupboard under stairs leading to first floor level. The space is approx. 700mmWx1800mmH

(2) The front loader washing machine (600mmWx600mmDx875mmH) shall stand on the floor. A 50mmT MDF bench top shall run directly across the top of the machine (ie. from wall to wall of the cupboard space.

(3) I want to place a ‘counter basin/sink’ on top of the bench that runs directly over the top of the washing machine with a wall mounted faucet and mixer.

A sink similar to <http://www.caroma.com.au/bathrooms/basins/cube/cube-500-above-counter-basin>

(4) The mandatory ‘P’ trapp and 50mmPVC plumbing can sit at the back of the machine. The washing machine outlet hose can be joined up to the ‘P’ trapp.

(5) My dilemma is ‘I need to be able to run a straight piece of pipe from the underside of the basin (sitting directly on the bench top) to the back of the cupboard. I was thinking a hollow bench top C.50mmT or similar that would take the waste pipe

(6) I saw the plumbing (posted by your member) who was wanting to use this with his ‘Ikea Braviken Sink’.

(7) I immediately thought this could be the solution I have been searching for. I guess the only negative is that it appears to be a 50mmD PVC pipe he is using. Ideally a 30mm-35mmD pipe would be preferable.

Any suggestions or help would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you.

Plumbing.jpg

Attachments

• Plumbing.png
    Plumbing.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A "handicap lavatory strainer" may be what you are looking for. The outlet goes horizontal and then elbows down near the wall, or you can make your own "offset" with a threaded tube and a 1 1/4", (convert to metric, 32 mm?), slip joint flush elbow.

Last edited:

RickAus

Reaction score
A "handicap lavatory strainer" may be what you are looking for. The outlet goes horizontal and then elbows down near the wall, or you can make your own "offset" with a threaded tube and a 1 1/4", (convert to metric, 32 mm?), slip joint flush elbow.

hj,
Thank you for your response - much appreciated. Could you suggest a website I go to to have a look at a "handicap lavatory strainer" and the "flush elbow" you mention.
Thanks again

Reach4

Reaction score
Both Google and Bing gave many results when I just tried.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks