Becoming a plumber.....the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread

derindj

Reaction score
Just finished installing a Bosch 2400E NG unit(max 175K BTU), I ran 1" black to it from the meter (well from the meter it is 3/4" for about 5" and then transitions into 1"), about 5ft from the meter I tee off to our 45K furnace with 3/4", from there it extends another 7 ft (still 1") to the Bosch tankless hot water heater.
I called the natural gas company and they say I have 6.5 " W.C. and 400K BTU supply.

Am I supplying to much gas to the tankless heater? Is that possible?

"In the manual it says a supply of a minimum of 5" w.c. and do not supply gas pressures in excess of 0.5 psig"

Also, where do I get a manometer to measure inlet gas pressure?

thanks for any advice

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
plumber

YOu can supply all the gas you want to the heater. It will only use what it is designed to use. If the gas company says you have 6.5" then it is between the 5" and 13" the company specifies.

derindj

Reaction score
I havent yet hooked up the water to it. About half way through the job, I decided I should replumb all the supply lines for the house with Wirsbo. So I am in the midst of learning how to do that. My house isn't that big, just 1 bath, kitchen sink, utility sink, and shower, washer. So its pretty simple and everything is about 7 ft from the Bosch hot water heater.

Any suggestions on manifold system vs trunk/branch on running wirsbo? I am thinking about running the cold, truck/branch and the hot, manifold style.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks