Baxi Luna duo tec C wire for thermostat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian99

Reaction score
I just had a baxi luna duo tec combi boiler installed. I purchased an ecobee3 smart thermostat for it, which requires a C wire for 24VAC power. my installer can't locate the C wire. does anyone know if one exists for the baxi luna? i have a hard time believing that I can't hook up a thermostat that requires power to the baxi.

Update. Returned the Ecobee and got a nest. Hooked up 2 wires. Seems it is pulsing the baxi for power which is causing it to run continuously. Does anyone know how I get a 24VAC line out of the baxi so I can hook up common on the nest ?

Last edited:

hitit

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Were you able to get Nest working with your Baxi? I have Baxi Luna HT 380 and thinking of getting Nest since my thermostat not working properly at the moment.

Cheers,
Hitit

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can you link to the installation manual? The factory one I found was for the UK (where it's made?), and the external thermostat is a 230vac device, and would not be compatible with our typical 24vac, low-voltage control or thermostats! Now, they may have a different version they sell in the USA that uses a 24vac thermostat, and, if so, you'd need that manual and wiring diagram.

Now, if it is a 230vac thermostat that is called for, you could still use a 24vac one, but you'd need a power relay and a 24vac transformer in the circuit to make it all work if you want to use something like the Nest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks