Battery Back-Up Sump Pump

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by R3Improvements, Nov 17, 2009.

1. R3Improvements

R3Improvements DIY Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a battery back-up sump pump? Is the basement watchdog a good pump?

Thanks
  2. Garydaplummer

Garydaplummer Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed

Tried them

I've tried a couple of the Basement Watchdog backups and they seem to be good units. I would only use their battery backup though and not their main sump pumps. My preference after installing a few of these systems is the setup made by Zoeller. I trust their sump pumps and they make a nice battery backup system.
  3. R3Improvements

R3Improvements DIY Junior Member

Thanks for your help!
  4. SemiHandyRon

SemiHandyRon New Member

I've had a Watchdog for several years. Flawless operation.
  5. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

6. rainstorm

rainstorm New Member

Do you have any experience with the Pro Series ST1033 as a main pump? I thought I read someone's post that these are not the best and to go with the Zoeller. Also, do you know what the difference is between the retail version of the Basement Watchdog (Big Dog) vs. the pro-series PHCC-2400 besides the dual float? I am having a hard time deciding between the two.

Thanks