Bathtub's ledger edge length

Users who are viewing this thread

aldgagnon

Reaction score
What is the general, acceptable length for the edge in which the bathtub ledger sits on? Due to the way the bathtub was put in (my lack of foresight..), with tile there will only be about 0.5" of tub edge before it curves in.

I'm hoping this is ok, possibly may just look a little odd. I could fix it, but it would require removing parts of the durock, removing the bathtub, shimming the bathtub out, possibly thickening the ledger...

I attached a photo that will better illustrate what I mean.

Attachments

• bathtub.JPG
    bathtub.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 528

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think you'll be okay. You don't really want the cbu sitting on the tub - keep it about 1/4" above and caulk that joint. Same with the tile, but keep it say 1/8" or so. If you want to avoid caulk altogether, consider a tile in trim like Dilex from www.schluter.com. you might not have enough horizontal surface to use that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks