Bathtub/Shower Faucet leaks, getting bad

Users who are viewing this thread

rkelley

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a question that hopefully you will be able to help with. My house was built in the early to mid 70's and these faucets are probably original. Once I turn off the hot water faucet, it continues to drip/leak. It started has a drip and has turned into a small stream. Over the past few weeks the faucet's "off" position has continued to move around the stem counter clockwise about 1/3 of a turn.

Is this something that can be fixed, or do I need to just buy a whole new faucet assembly and move on? I do not know what brand the faucet is either, so if I do take it a part what do I need to know to get parts?

Edit: I forgot to mention, this is a 3 handle style faucet.

Thanks,

Ryan

rkelley

Reaction score
Terry, thanks. I will definitely do that, headed out of town for the rest of the day but planning on tearing into this thing tomorrow, so I will post a picture then.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks