Bathtub reccommendations?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by SH140, Feb 2, 2013.

1. SH140

SH140 New Member

I'm getting ready for a bath re-model. The tub will be a 60 X either 30 or 32. It's an upstairs bathroom. I would like to get a fairly deep soak tub (at least 12"). I was looking at Americast or steel. Briefly concidered an (acrylic) type, but I'm not sure about the durability over the long-haul. Cast iron would just be too heavy for my tired bones to haul upstairs. Could anyone advise me as to what brands/models to look for, (and what to stay away from)? Budget is limited, would like to keep it less than $400, but could go up to $600 or so for the right tub. Thanks guys. (and gals?)
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Americast and Acrylic are good. I''m not a big fan of steel tubs. I like Kohler cast iron tubs, but that takes two guys.
    You can get a deeper tub with acrylic. If it's installed properly, it should be fine.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Upstairs an Americast is the only one I would recommend, (I have taken too many cast iron tubs upstairs already), but you can buy anything you want and I would install it for you.
  4. SH140

SH140 New Member

hj, sounds like you're angling for a working, California vacation. :D:D:D
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Nope. Travel time and per diems.