Bathtub mixing valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

akakizzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my bath tub has Delta valve installed. I'm the first to admit that I have no clue when it comes to plumbing or the terms so please bare with me. The valve is pictured below. This valve has two levers on it, both indicating hot and cold. The one time I could get hot water out of this thing I figured out that if you want hotter water to turn the smaller second valve torwards the hot. the thing is the only thing coming out right now is lukewarm water, barely even that. Now when we had issues with our tub in Japan, I was told it was the mixing valve and the plumbers the base hired always came out and fixed it for me. Well, being a homeowner there are no base plumbers to call anymore! LOL Anyone know how I can fix this myself? There is hot water every else in the house except this tub. Thanks!

akakizzy

Reaction score
forgot the pic

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,490

akakizzy

Reaction score
I think I may have found the answer. Something about the safe guard water temp needs to be adjusted, it's set too low. My only problem now is I have no clue how to remove the top valve to adjust the temp. :eek:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
delta

The top chrome cover on the little handle "snaps" off and the cam gear is under it. Pull it out and turn it all the way to the left and reinsert it.

akakizzy

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't want to pull on it too much just incase I broke it! lol
We now have HOT water! Who ever installed the valve set it to the coldest position. That explains the lukewarm water. :D

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Glad everything is OK now. I just wanted to thank you for posting the picture and to remind other homeowners how helpful it is for the folks on these forums when we can see a picture.

This question could have related to any brand or model of shower, and without the picture there would have been many suggestions about "check this" and "check that". Eventually the solution may have been deduced.

BUT the picture is immediately recognized as a Delta Monitor, which is a very common model, and the guy who is fastet draw on the keyboard posts the precise answer. Problem solved.

SO, keep the photos coming!

akakizzy

Reaction score
LOL Well thanks to all of you for all your help.
Makes things much easier on me. :D

tilermike

Reaction score
I also have a Delta Monitor 1700 series valve. Whats the consensus on the quality and function of this valve??

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks