bathtub drain question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by congaman59, Jan 7, 2010.

1. congaman59

congaman59 New Member

I have a tub with a built in drain shoe. The lever broke right behind the mounting plate. then as I was taking it out of the tub I lost he spring down the drain! Is this part something I should be able to find at Home Depot, or Lowes, or will I have to go to a Plumbing supply store to get it?
    I'm hoping it's not something that is part of the original bathtub, and is still available.
    I attached a picture of the part in question.

Attached Files:

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

You can buy just the face plate and attach the existing plunger or get the complete assemble. Big box stores may have them either way.

John
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

The spring should not cause a problem, but if you can find a small magnet on a string and drop it down the pipe it will be retrieved. The overflow plate is a generic item, just be sure to use a brass cotter key to attach the clevis to it. If the new one comes with a steel cotter pin, reuse the brass one from your old drain.