bathtub drain overflow faceplate replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

dixielou

Reaction score
Hi

I need some assistance on a the faceplate replacement of the tub drain. I have removed the old one, but want to know if I have to pull the assembly out to attach the new one? There isn't enough room for my fingers, the cotter pin and the pliers!! Any suggestions? Do I need to replace the whole linkage assembly?? Thanks

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Here is a new one I plan to install this evening. Its lever is attached to the faceplace, and the entire assembly is installed or removed together.

Maybe yours is different, or maybe your lever has come loose from the faceplate?

Either way, I would assume you should be able to gently pull the entire stopper assembly up and out after the faceplate has been loosed.

Attachments

• stopper.JPG
    stopper.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 899

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can usually get the whole assembly out, but since it needs to make a seal, it is a tight fit once it gets all scaled up with soap, hair, and corrosion. Try running some water down there to loosen things up a little, then work it up and down to see if you can get it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks