Bathtub drain conflict with truss top chord

Users who are viewing this thread

MVB

Reaction score
I am planning a house with a wood truss floor assembly. The trusses will run perpendicular to the bathtub. In lieu of boxing out the areas for toilet and bathtub drains (I need the conflicting truss to be continuous as it is cantilevered on one end) I am trying to locate the drains such that they avoid the truss. This is pretty simple with the toilet, but add in a bathtub and things get more complicated. The linked image shows the same condition with a solution that drops the drain assembly below the truss top chord.
US06820289-20041123-D00002.png

Does this work and can it be constructed without readily available parts? Are there other options? Are there better options? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks