Bathroom Wide Spread Faucet with Separate Volume and Temperature Controls

Users who are viewing this thread

Geobrick

Reaction score
I have several bathroom sinks throughout the house with wide spread hole faucets. I want to maintain the nice, traditional, symmetrical look of those types of faucets but I also want the convenience of controlling the volume and temperature separately. I don't want a single whole option because I don't want to cap the extra holes or fill one with a soap dispenser. I want to maintain the handle, faucet, handle layout but have it so one handle controls volume (say the right side) and the other controls the mix. Does anything like this exist or do any of you have any recommendations for an option I'm not considering?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
what you are asking is impossible, because the hot and cold would have to merge AT the control, (read single), lever, and that cannot be done with TWO control points. If someone were to design a faucet with one side being the temperature and the other the volume it would work, but why would the spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to R&D, then set up machinery to produce something that only you would want, or buy?

Last edited:

Geobrick

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one that wants one. I like the convenience of a single control but I like the classic look of the separate control. I've seen where the single control is separated from the spout but then there's an extra hole. It could be capped or filled with a soap dispenser but then it loses its symmetry. I always want something no one makes.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Delta and Price Pfister made a tub/shower valve, many years ago, which did do what you are referring to, with one handle being the temperature and the other the volume, but demand was so minimal that it only lasted long enough for a few people to install them before stopping production and leaving them with "orphans".

Geobrick

Reaction score
I just stayed at a hotel last week where the shower valve (made by Toto) had one control for the temperature and the other controlled the volume but also acted as the diverter. In the 12 o'clock position it was off. Turning it clockwise sent water to the tub spout with increasing volume as you turned it further clockwise. Turning it counterclockwise did the same for the shower head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks