Bathroom vanity supply lines under vanity?

Users who are viewing this thread

dtms

Reaction score
I have an odd situation and am not sure how to handle. I'm an amateur so any help is appreciated. I'm installing a vanity in a corner. The wall is on the left of the vanity and the toilet is on the right. Both the rear wall and the left side wall have giant beams below the stud cavities. I don't want to drill thru the beams to get the drain and supply lines into the basement. My question is can I run the drain and supply lines out the back of the vanity into the wall like normal then down to the bottom of the stud cavity to the floor and then come out under the vanity but above the floor (in the toe-kick area) about a foot and then down into the basement? Can't think of any other way to do it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can run the supply lines almost anywhere you want...when they come within certain distance of where a nail may be driven, they need to be protected by nailing plates.

But, there are limits on how many turns you can have in any drain line before you need a cleanout, which may be an issue...and, the drains need to be vented properly.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is commonly done like that, although the common way is to 45 through the toe space unless theret is not enough room to clear the beams doing it that way. In that case 90s while not the ideal way, will work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks