Bathroom Sink Water Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Scottb88

Reaction score
Just moved into new apartment, 2nd floor of a 3 story brownstone (3 single bedroom apartments total).
Water pressure in bathroom sink is terrible. Approx. 20% flow on both hot and cold.
Bathroom shower has good pressure and toilet fills correctly.
Pressure has no change when running hot and cold together so I assume not a valve issue, since I doubt they would both fail with the same consistency?

Kitchen (on other side of apartment) sink pressure is good, dishwasher fills correctly.

Not sure what the cause could be, there can only be so feed lines in this house...a blockage in the sink faucet?

Please help. Thanks

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
Make sure stop valves underneath the sink are fully open. Remove the aerator and check flow. Clean or replace if you find good flow with aerator removed.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Federal water use restricts the flow on vanity and kitchen sink faucets. It might be normal and your kitchen faucet may not be all that new, thus, less or no restrictions in it. Don't confuse pressure with volume. In reality, the pressure is likely essentially the same everywhere in your home (well, it does go down slightly with elevation increases), but if there's any restrictions, the volume delivered will be less.

Open the valve and measure how much water comes out then compare that to the rules. If the aerator is not partially clogged up, it might have filter screens on the inlet to the faucet, and they could be partially clogged, or it could just be normal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks