bathroom sink vent/drain

Users who are viewing this thread

GaryD

Reaction score
I am installing a bathroom in my basement. The builder roughed in the below grade plumbing for me. It appears that the bathroom sink will drain into a nearby wet vent that goes straight up 20' or so. I assume the vent is also venting the toilet. The vent goes to an ejector pump basin about 10' away.

In general, how far can the sink be from the vent. Does it have to be a stright line or can there be a 90 degree turn (if I wanted to put the sink on a adjacent wall)?
Thanks, Gary

Last edited:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
according to the UPC 3 1/2 feet. You need to check and find out what code your juristiction uses. the trap arm can turn up to 90 degrees (again UPC)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
arm

Whether the arm can turn a corner depends on your inspector's interpretation of the code. It cannot turn more than 135 degrees without a cleanout so it depends on whether he considers the elbow at the sink the allowed 90 degree bend, or if he will permit you to have an additional elbow in the line.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
A way to get lav to other wall is make a "loop" from the main line as in drawing below...

iso1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks