Bathroom sink faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by white tiger, Feb 12, 2007.

1. white tiger

white tiger New Member

I have a peerless faucet in the bathroom sink that has a continuous drip.It seems to be on the hot side,it is a two handle faucet and I would like to know what tools and repair parts I would need.Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!:confused:
  2. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

Towel, Phillips head screwdriver, and a Crescent Wrench. Just remember to shut off the water before removing the valve stem. Once out (might as well pull both), replace washers & gaskets, then reverse process. Your local hardware store (ie Ace Hardware) will have the parts in a nice little packet for that particulare stem.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

That faucet is a rebranded Delta faucet, so you use Delta parts. It probably has the all plastic stem which warps on the bottom. buy the seat/spring repair kit, and two new stems with the stainless steel bottom plates. When you remove the handles make a note of location of the raised handle stops, so you can install the new ones the same way, or the handles will turn backwards to open and close the faucet.