Bathroom sink connection to drain

Users who are viewing this thread

greg111r

Reaction score
I disconnected the drain to clear out a clog. But, when I put everything back together, I see a gap between the drain pipe and the hole in the sink. I think the pipe was directly sealed to the flat metal washer at the base of the sink drain. So the question is what do I use to seal this gap between the drain pipe and sink?

Thanks for any suggestions.
IMG_6714.JPG

Last edited:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're missing the flange that sits on top of the sink basin and (usually) screws onto the drain tube.
Did you lose it? If so, you'll need to get a new one.

greg111r

Reaction score
You're missing the flange that sits on top of the sink basin and (usually) screws onto the drain tube.
Did you lose it? If so, you'll need to get a new one.
I guess, I couldn't get the rubber flange high enough to cover the void. I'll see if I can raise the pipe. But this just seems to have been installed without any screws just a tight fit, with a washer from below. Would I need to do anything else?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks