Bathroom Shower Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Maint Dog

Reaction score
I have installed a per slope, the liner, shower bed and Dura rock hung. I taped; thin setted all the seams and screw heads, and water proofed the Dura Rock with aqua defense. Tomorrow on Sunday, 7/6/2014 @ 8 am, we are going to lay tile. I’m installing 6x6 porcelain tiles on the celling over the water proofed Dura Rock.
My friend and I are at odds as how to hang the celling tiles so they don't fall out; he thinks we should use five tubes of Loctite PL 520 Mirror adhesive. I think we should stay with the Polymer-Enriched Thin Set Mortar. I’m not sure which way to go?!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Use the thinset mortar. Burn a thin coat of thinset onto the back of the tile. Use the straight edge of the trowel, and press. This gets the mortar into the pores and makes for a much better bond. Again, using the flat edge of the trowel, scrape off the excess. Then, embed the tile into the mortar you've combed onto the ceiling. If you do it well, the suction bond will hold things fine until the mortar cures.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
I’m installing 6x6 porcelain tiles on the celling over the water proofed Dura Rock.
My friend and I are at odds as how to hang the celling tiles so they don't fall out; he thinks we should use five tubes of Loctite PL 520 Mirror adhesive. I think we should stay with the Polymer-Enriched Thin Set Mortar. I’m not sure which way to go?!

Ultralite from Mapei -- as your Aquadefense -- is your ticket .

Tell us about the flood test you performed on the shower pan . :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks