Bathroom Reno

Users who are viewing this thread

jcyr

Reaction score
We are interested in replacing/remodeling the master bathroom, which currently has tub/shower, with whirlpool tub. I explored prior messages for this topic but found none. Any recommendations on what brand and style have had excellent reports? I also visited various websites to gain knowledge of differences between whirpool, jazucci and soaking tubs. Any good sites to gain this info, or personal feedback is welcomed? Many thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many people don't end up using the tub much after the initial novelty wears off. Some people end up using them religiously. Some of them have very significant pumps (several HP), and use more energy than you would think, not counting that used to fill it up with hot water. Few people do the manufacturer's suggested (usually monthly) disinfection procedure. The internal passageways and pump can harbor some really nasty stuff unless cleaned on a regular basis.

I opted for an air tub rather than one with a pump. It also does not restrict the use of oil, bubbles, etc like a whirlpool does. It is not as agressive as a water jet, but is relaxing. It has the distinct advantage in that it blow dries itself after use, minimizing the required cleaning (I'm not talking the parts you can see, which is the same for any tub, but the internal passageways). It also won't be damaged if someone turns it on with too little or no water in the tub like a water pump can be.

I ended up with a tub by Jason (one of the sons of Jacuzzi). Whirlpool, Jacuzzi are essentially the same thing, like a tissue and Kleenex.

jcyr

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. I will indeed check out the air tub. Best, Jude

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
ditto. Soaker rubs cost so little that no maker will promote them. They will do what it takes to get you thinking of a higher price item. I have a soaker tub, and we use it a lot. The shower right next to it gives us a japanese-style wet room space. We spent a lot of money on everything else. A deep soaker is good to have. Air is the only other option that we would have even considered.

david

johnescu

Reaction score
I'm planning to replace a shallow cast iron tub with a deeper soaker tub. I'm looking at Jason Designer EC 527 or Integrity 3260.
Any recommendations?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks