Bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

lottaj

Reaction score
I am remodeling a bathroom. I tore out an old corner single vanity and I want to install a double vanity on the adjacent wall. The water lines are in the wall where I want to install the double vanity. The p trap pipe is on the adjacent wall. Is it possible to re-route the p trap pipe inside the wall and around the corner for the two sinks and venting on the adjacent wall? The double vanity I ordered is 61" wide. The wall for the vanity is 71 1/2" wide, so there will be a 5" gap on either side of the vanity. The p trap pipe would be visible if I cannot move it to the adjacent wall. If the p trap cannot be moved, are there any alternate solutions to the problem?

lottaj

Reaction score
I had a friend who works for the water dept. tell me that I should not have the waste pipe go around the corner as it will cause problems like you suggest. He also said I would have to drill large holes through the supporting corner joists which could weaken the load bearing joists. I am now trying to do a custom double vanity on the wall where the waste pipe is located.

double_lav_rough_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks