bathroom remodel quote

Users who are viewing this thread

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
Why are you making this so complicated? It's very simple. Call 4 contractors and have them all come to your house. Tell them exactly what you want to do and have them each give you their estimates. Done. End of story. Make contractor responsibility your number one priority and price your second, and then you'll be happy with the end result.

I'm sure you heard this before: don't pick the lowest price.

Nothing is free. If one person's price is lower than some one else's, there's a reason for it. I'm a strong believer in you get what you pay for.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I just came from quoting a homeowner on a flood control system. He was going to hire me on the spot, but I informed he he is best to get at least two other estimates first. There is two reasons for this, first is that I want him to feel comfortable with me and my prices and the amount of work I detailed on the quote. Second is some townships that have been having issues with their sewers backing up into basements will split the cost, but the home owner must prove they had gotten three bids, and selected the best bid for the price. These cities do not care to much about price, but they do care about the quality of the flood control system that the contractor is proposing to install.

So as everyone here is telling you just call a few local contractors and get the quotes. There is no way you can compare what your contractors in your area to what you get quoted here on the net. Cost of living is different in every area. If a contractor lives in an area where cost of living is high, his prices are going to be higher so he can survive.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks