Bathroom Remodel - How to soundproof pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wally3433

Reaction score
I was transferred over here from the John Bridge Tile forums.

I am doing a complete master bath remodel in my condo. I've go two condos above me and all the waste lines pass through my walls. I hear every drop of water in thos suckers.

Since I've got one of the wast lines exposed in my bathroom, I'd like to quiet that thing down. I saw a product called Quiet Wrap on the internet, but it seems to be the same as foil backed duct wrap sold at the big boxes.

Any help here? Any tricks to making sure I don't hear the waste lines anymore?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't know any "magic bullet". Insulation is what will help. That quiet wrap sounds good. The thickness of the wall cavity may limit how much insulation you can get between the pipe and the drywall. I would fill the cavity floor to ceiling with fibreglass or blown in insulation ( not expanding foam.)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might try some soundproofing material as used in cars. Dynamat comes to mind - there are a lot of knockoffs that may work as well or better. It comes in various thicknesses and many versions are self-stick. The stuff isn't cheap, but may be worth it to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks