Bathroom Horizontal Wet Vent W Direction Change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick H

Reaction score
I am remodeling a first floor Master Bedroom in Texas. The existing plumbing is buried 16-18" bellow the finished slab. There are two existing 3" branch lines connected to a 4" main exiting the home. (All shown as black lines). All turns will be gradual bends with Wye's (or combination Y-1/8) for connections to the 3" lines. All connections are horizontal.

The new fixture arrangement does not have any walls above the drain lines to direct vent. The proposed layout has a 2" dry vent for the lavatory sink providing a horizontal wet vent for the new 3" branch.

House is in Austin TX. Code is 2012 IRC and 2012 IPC
  1. Does this configuration meet horizontal wet venting of a bathroom group?
  2. Does the single 2" vent provide sufficient venting per code or do I need to run the 3" line all the way to the vent?
  3. Any issue with the bathtub and shower drains making these changes of direction?

upload_2016-5-6_10-46-7.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks