Bathroom faucet rust

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ccorz, Mar 29, 2014.

1. ccorz

ccorz New Member

Hi All,

The sink faucet in my bathroom has rust at the base of the faucet. I removed the handle - the washer at the base of the valve has rusted fusing itself to the base. There is also a broken threaded plastic piece that screws onto the top of the valve The valve doesn't appear to be leaking. Was this caused by water getting on the countertop and working its way up? Can I remove the washer and replace it with a stainless steel one?

Thanks Rust-2.jpg Rust-1.jpg
  2. dj2

dj2 Member

Time for a new faucet.