Bathroom faucet pipes leaking.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chicago2014, Feb 2, 2014.

1. chicago2014

chicago2014 New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently went to my aunt's house and discovered that the pipes below her bathroom faucet have been leaking for a while, so she cannot use it.

I enclose a few pictures showing the pipes system that was installed by one of her friends about 1 year ago.

I am not particularly handy but I can handle simple repair, and this is simple enough.

What would you advise me to do to fix her problem so that she can use her faucet again?

Thanks in advance,
    JB

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Take it all apart and throw it away. Then install new brass parts and keep that guy and his putty away from any other repairs.
  3. chicago2014

chicago2014 New Member

OK I get it. But it seems I won't be able to solve my alignment problem, and get the pop up to be vertically aligned with the P trap...
  4. Smooky

Smooky Member

Start from the wall with a 45 degree and then a new trap adapter. Replace the plastic tail piece and stopper assembly with a good brass one. Get a a proper p-trap. A plastic p-trap is easier to install and cheaper.