Bathroom DWV check

Users who are viewing this thread

Dgeist

Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm in the process of planning a bathroom for my basement. The current stack is in the slab, but there is no rough-in. Can you all check my initial thoughts on drain and venting and make sure I'm headed the right direction. It's a pretty basic 5'x8' layout with one wet wall and a stub for a bar sink on the back side facing into the adjacent room.

I didn't indicate the diameters of the pipes or fittings. I'm trying to focus on putting the right types in the right places now, with sizes specified as I go on.

Please let me know if you think I'm on the right track. Of specific interest if if I have adequate venting for the tub and toilet locations and can I have a vent "upstream" from the toilet or does that make the run a "wet vent"?

2016-01-27 17.00.36.jpg
Thanks.
Dan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I would not allow that double san tee, but your inspector may be more lenient and not worry about problems in the future when it stops up, nor that 135 degree turn for the toilet. Unless the vent for the toilet is installed correctly, and just "upstream from the toilet" does not do it, the vent will be cosmetic and useless.

Dgeist

Reaction score
Okay, so it sounds like you're saying discrete sanitary tees are preferred for the sinks vs a double. Could you offer a suggestion on how to rework the other problems? If we start from the attached, where's the next logical place to go? I'm 2012 IPC, BTW.

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• 2016-01-28 11.10.47.jpg
    2016-01-28 11.10.47.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks