Bathroom- Converting single vanity to double

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
MP101, are you really a union plumber. If so that may explain it if you are one of the bench riders who waits for a big construction project before you sign on with a company. That is how I got my first job when I moved to this area. None of those guys wanted the one I got, and then after a couple of years they all were trying to bump me back onto the bench,(because the union was trying to keep me from being able to transfer in).

hj, ya make no sense at all. By the way I never had to ride the bench.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
ok, simmer down :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to check that out - like I said, I'm no expert on nuances of the code like that one.

I agree - venturi effect as mentioned above is not likely to happen - esp. with the vent added to prevent vacuum pulling water out of left trap.

Update - checked code quick, and it does appear that you are right, however 82.31(11)(b) also states that the vent shall be located downstream from BOTH fixtures. So, none of the above illustrations are legal in WI. But, it does appear that you can use the san-tee on it's side to connect the downstream lav to the horizontal branch.

Correct, the drawn's above are not correct except the first pic on original post.

BillDIY

Reaction score
add no vent lines?

Why can't you just go with the original layout (adding only a T and an elbow in the original drain line) and get around the venting issue by adding two Studord vents, one between each sink's trap and its connection to the existing drain?

Thanks.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why can't you just go with the original layout (adding only a T and an elbow in the original drain line) and get around the venting issue by adding two Studord vents, one between each sink's trap and its connection to the existing drain?

Thanks.

I would like to tell you studor vent's are no problem, but they are. One common problem is sewer flies getting caught in the flap of the vent thus keeping it open and emitting sewer gases into your home. I can tell you that the original pic with a san tee and 90 at the end would pass where I live. It is called a horizontal common vent. Only prob is a lot of posters are saying it is illegal per upc standards so I don't know what else to tell you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks