Bathroom bathtub ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Lori Neeb

Reaction score
I live in a mobile home. The tub in the master bath is carpet lined. About an inch or so of the carpet at the floor level (the floor is linoleum.), is wet. I soak up the moisture with the shop-vac but the same area is just wet again very soon. What can cause this and how easy or hard may it be to fix?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are saying that the outside side of the tub has carpeting on the vertical surface of the tub.

1. Does the water appear with some delay after a shower?
  2. If you put several inches of water in the tub with the stopper closed, do you get water?
  3. When you open the stopper and drain the tub, does the water appear then?
  4. Does this water appear when any body uses the bath/shower, or just some?

Lori Neeb

Reaction score
I think you are saying that the outside side of the tub has carpeting on the vertical surface of the tub.

1. Does the water appear with some delay after a shower?
  2. If you put several inches of water in the tub with the stopper closed, do you get water?
  3. When you open the stopper and drain the tub, does the water appear then?
  4. Does this water appear when any body uses the bath/shower, or just some?

Lori Neeb

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. You are correct that the two sides of the tub showing are carpeted. I have not used the tub since I noticed the problem. There is also a shower stall in the master bath and another bathroom in the trailer so it has been no problem to stop using that tub. I do not even dump fish tank water down that drain anymore since I have noticed the issue. I live here alone so no one else is here to use it. The carpet still gets wet again after every time I use the shop-vac to suck up moisture. I have no idea where the water is coming from.

Lori Neeb

Reaction score
The tub and shower stall are separate units so I have no idea if that makes a difference.

Reach4

Reaction score
You would like to know if the water appears when you fill the tub but don't let the water out. If the water appears then (less likely) , that would point to what would need fixing.

If there is access through the wall on the drain side, you might be able to diagnose and even fix from there. If there is a wall there but no access panel, maybe access could be gained from there. A plumber would need access.

A mobile home forum where they talk about your brand may get info from somebody familiar with your unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks