Bath tub not molded correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

long71

Reaction score
While renovating a bath room, we added a bathtub/shower. After completion we noticed that some water does not drain. It collects in the middle of the tub. It's not a lot of water, but still should not be there. The contractor says that the tub was not molded properly. Not sure if I believe him since we had some other problems. Of course the wallls are all in and finished now, so my question is whther there is anything I can do about this. If I have to go into the wall and try to shim under this area I will, but is there any other suggestions.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First thing to check is with a level. Place it on the edges and see if the thing is level both from side to side and from end to end. If it is, then yes, seems like the tub may be defective. If it isn't, then it was not installed properly. The rim needs to be level for any tub to drain properly.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Even money you will find the tub is not level. A very slight out of level condition could cause your problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks