Bath tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

bailey1

Reaction score
I took off the faucet so I could replace it. I did bring it with me to the hardware store so I could make sure I got the right size. When I started to put it back on the inside if the faucet did not meet the pipe that is coming out of the wall. I have since purchased 5 faucets and I can't find one that fits. This has been going on for months and I want my kids out of my bathroom :rolleyes:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
By "faucet" do you mean tub spout? There are some options, but we need a picture to see what you are dealing with.

bailey1

Reaction score
I will try to get a picture on, the pipe has a 1 inch long nut of some kind on it that I can't get off. Should there be just a pipe or is this the way it is. From all the pictures I have seen all that should be there is a pipe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

WE have to try to figure out what you are talking about. What KIND of faucet is it? Bath tub, lavatory, sink, shower. A bathtub or shower FAUCET, not the spout or shower arm, is NOT something you can take out and go to the hardware store to compare it. AND if you did take something there, they SHOULD have been able to give you a replacement. Since they did not, we cannot tell what you have, what you are trying to do, or what they are selling you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks